- What can the HelpDesk do for me?
- Why won't my web page display?
- How long does it take to upload items to iSpace?
- What free software is available?
- Can I checkout a laptop, camera, video camera? How long?
- What other materials can faculty checkout?
- Can you help with HTML, XHTML, or Validation?
- What kind of accounts do I have to have as a CCI student?
- How can I access FSU library resources off campus?
The CCI HelpDesk oversees IT support for students, faculty, and staff at the College of Communication & Information. We troubleshoot technical issues and offer advice for technical problems. We provide laptops, digital cameras, and video recorders for checkout to students, faculty, and staff. The CCI HelpDesk does not provide support for class assignments; we refer all assignment-related questions to the course's teaching assistant.
First, check to make sure all documents are placed within the html folder of your iSpace account. Second, ensure the pages permissions are set to 755, visit How to use iSpace for assistance setting permissions. Lastly, ensure you are accessing the correct url. If you are accessing a file within the html folder this will be http://ispace.cci.fsu.edu/~YOUR_FSU_ID/TITLE_OF_THE_DOCUMENT.html. If you still cannot access or view your web page, ensure that the original document's title does not contain any spaces.
- Example Incorrect: title of document.html
- Example Correct: title_of_document.html.
*You will need to rename the original document, then upload it to iSpace. Renaming the file that is already uploaded on iSpace will not correct this error.
There are many factors that can affect the server upload time on iSpace. If you are uploading and it appears unusually slow, please contact the HelpDesk with your network information, the file type you are attempting to upload, and your location.
Learn more by visiting the software page.
Students, faculty, and staff may check out these materials for a five day period.
Faculty can checkout the following items:
- Basic headphones and headphones with microphones for use in the Goldstein Open Access Lab
- Audio Visual Aids including laser pointer pen
- Various Banners for presentations
- Conference phone
- H4 Digital Audio Recorder
We strongly recommend checking with your course teaching assistant. Unfortunately, the HelpDesk cannot help with course assignments. Another useful tool is w3schools .
- FSU ID
- FSU SN
How can I access FSU library resources off campus?
Please visit Library Proxy